Saturday, May 17, 2008

Cute

Him: "Um, excuse me, do you know what gate the flight to Miami is flying out of?"

Her: (momentarily confused because she is not, in fact, wearing an American Airlines uniform and standing behind a gate counter.) "No..... but there is a display screen right behind you with all the gates listed for departing flights."

Him: (smiling, maybe a bit sheepishly) "Ok, great -- thanks! Sorry to have bothered you!"

Her: (to herself "No, you're not.")

(15 minutes or so pass and she's once again absorbed in the book she brought along)

Him: "I found the Miami gate -- it's just over there."

Her: (again confused, but infinitely polite) "Oh good, that's great -- well... have a good flight!"

Him: "Thanks, you too! Um.... also, here's my card.... my name's Paul."

Her: (completely thrown now) "Ah.... um.... nice to meet you Paul."

He smiles again, turns to go back to his gate and she just slides the card between the pages of her book as she continues to read. Another 15 minutes or so pass and as she closes her book, the card falls out and to the floor, landing on its face. For the first time, she notices handwriting on the back. She picks it up to take a closer look: "I think you're really cute -- call me."

It's like being back in Grade 6, passing notes in class .... "I think you're cute. Do you think I'm cute? Mark either the 'yes' or 'no' box."
Now, really. Does this REALLY work??

2 comments:

cmiller said...

Cute indeed. Got to give him credit for having the courage to approach you, not just once! And you never know...my parents met at an airport and have been happily married for years! Big hug!

Shari said...

Very true, people often meet under fairly interesting circumstances -- I wish him the very best of luck in his next airport encounter! :) Miss ya!!