Sunday, May 11, 2008

Random Travel Moments

Over the past couple of weeks, I've been on an even greater number of flights than usual (between April 22 and May 10, I was on 10 flights, visiting six different cities/areas) and as a result, I have a small collection of random travel moments to share:

-- On my trip to Vancouver, I missed my connections in BOTH directions, resulting in MUCH more quality time at SFO than I really needed.

-- On the way up to Vancouver, I *just* missed my connection.... it was so close, in fact, that after I sprinted from my arriving gate to my connecting gate (carry-on rollerboard in tow -- quite a scene), the plane was still sitting at the gate, but the doors had been closed. Argh!!! Picture me up against the window, banging on the glass, "Let me on!!!"

-- On the way back from Vancouver, the little girl across the aisle threw up on our approach to land.... and in that resilient way of a five-year old, once she relieved her stomach of its contents, she was immediately 100% and ready to go again.

-- Stuck in the very last row on one flight, I overhear the flight attendants talking about how there was once a dead body discovered in one of the restrooms. I guess one of the passengers had expired in flight and was not discovered until after landing. Aero urban legend or the truth?

-- Making a last minute decision to carry on my bags, I actually made it through security with all kinds of liquid toiletries in my suitcase (and not in a 1-quart clear plastic bag) and was not even questioned by security. I didn't even realize it until I was actually on the plane. Flying to Orange County yesterday, I accidentally made it through security with nearly a full water bottle in my carry on. Oops.

No comments: