Sunday, November 16, 2008

Rouge ou Blanc?

What a glorious weekend in the Bay Area! Unseasonably warm temperatures and lots of sunshine - it's enough to make me momentarily think that I'm actually in SoCal instead.

Yesterday, I headed up to San Francisco to meet Nick and Brandon who were in town from New York. Very exciting because I hadn't seen Nick in ages and this would be my first opportunity to meet the much-talked-about Brandon. Also, coincidentally, Jena and Eric were in town this weekend too and although completely unplanned, both sets of friends were staying at the hip Hotel Triton. (Quick history: Nick, Jena and I all used to work together in NYC. Nick and Jena still work together, but at a different company now.)

We planned to meet at the wine bar, Rouge & Blanc, next to Hotel Triton for drinks, appetizers and to catch up. Unfortunately, I didn't have Jena's cell phone number with me (it, along with dozens of others, never made the migration from my old phone to my iPhone, darn it) and so we completely missed each other, but Nick and Brandon made it and we had a blast catching up and enjoying both rouge and blanc to their fullest.

And luckily, I got Jena's phone number from Nick and now we've re-connected and will still hopefully see each other before she and Eric head back to NY. So much fun to see some familiar faces from the east coast!

No comments: