Tuesday, December 16, 2008

From Me to You at 37,000 ft

At this very moment, I am hurtling through the air at 500 mph+ speeds in little more than a giant tin can with about 200 other weary travelers just like I've done countless times before. The key difference on this trip, however, is that I am finally on a flight with in-flight internet access. Sweet!

So, while I'm cruising along somewhere over Ohio, I really have nothing significant to share except for the fact that I am, well, cruising along somewhere over Ohio. While blogging. (And emailing and twittering etc etc etc.)

There seemed to be a tinge of sadistic glee in our flight attendant's voice when she announced back in New York that the flight to San Francisco would be six and a half hours. SIX AND A HALF HOURS. (That after an hour of quality time with the JFK tarmac and de-icing crew.) It was only 4 hours and 40 minutes to fly TO New York on Saturday, so these nasty head winds are just downright cruel. I could have flown to London instead! Blimey!

But here I am on AA #177 taking the blogosphere to a whole other level.

No comments: