Saturday, March 21, 2009

Bracketology

The month of March has a lot going for it. It's home to the first official day of spring (on which, incidentally, it snowed in NYC this year as Mother Nature's firm reminder that no matter what the calendar says, she's still in charge), and in fact, it's really the key transition month from winter to spring (the whole "in like a lion, out like a lamb" thing). It's also a BIG month for birthdays as my dad, Special K's brother and half the Kaboodle office can attest.

AND it is the calendar home to the perennially exciting NCAA men's basketball championship tournament. (And when you think about it, it could ONLY be called March Madness -- February Fever or April Action just don't pack the same punch.)

This year, in support of the madness, we set up an office pool and all made our picks across all the various brackets the day before the tourney kicked off and we've been closely following the 1st round progress over the past two days. (Ready for 2nd round to begin today!)

While I have always enjoyed college basketball, I am now feverishly following each game, even to the point of having the Siena/Ohio State game on mute on JetBlue last night. (Darn it, O-H-ten, you guys cost me a point!! Good thing I didn't bet on you to get any further than the 2nd round!)
And because I know this moment is fleeting and short-lived (the game by game shifts in bracketology are swift and dramatic), I just had to post a screen shot showing that at one point in time yesterday, I was actually leading the pool with 21 out of 24 correct picks! (And then Ohio State, Utah and Wake Forest all crumbled... and now Mad Mamma's Ballers have eclipsed me!)

Stay tuned for more updates!

(Special thanks to Special K who debated the picks with me, discussing who's hot, who's on a roll and who would be a killer upset. What a team we make! On and off the court!) ;-)

No comments: