Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Facebook -- Time Travel for the Rest of Us

All of us are well acquainted with Facebook's ability to teleport us into the past as we reconnect with high school and college buddies, former colleagues from long-forgotten jobs (and companies) and and other random people you thought you'd never see again.

But tonight, Facebook has also managed to transport me into the future.... three hours into the future to be precise! I posted a comment to a Group wall and Facebook tagged it as posted "at 1:48 am tomorrow". (Peep at the screen shot.)

Holy cats! Call Doc Brown and Marty McFly!

I wish I'd had the time advantage LAST week when I was picking my bloody brackets for March Madness.

What a fun little situation when your computer's clock is still set on Eastern time (even though you moved from NYC about six months ago), but you're connected to the internet via an IP address in the Pacific time zone.
The Facebook Theory of Relativity. A whole different space-time construct.

No comments: