Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Cure for Insomnia

My constant trips between New York and California have put my body and mind into a land of timezone confusion. When I go to California, I'm getting tired by 9:00 or 10:00 at night because it's midnight or later in New York. Conversely, when I come back to New York, I find myself lying in bed until 2:00 in the morning blinking at the darkened ceiling, unable to fall asleep, even after reading and watching mindless TV.

That's what this whole week has been like. Until last night, that is.

Nick, Oda, Ally and I went to a Mexican restaurant down the street after work for dinner and drinks. (We abandoned the 2-for-1 margarita place at the last minute because it was too cold to walk that far.) After an evening of belly laughs, tableside-prepared guacamole (and Nick being super impressed that I actually make my own guacamole from time to time), and gooey enchiladas and nachos, we parted ways. I went home and flopped into bed and was dead asleep by midnight.

The cure for my insomnia? Frozen strawberry margaritas with Patron tequila, of course!

No comments: