Monday, December 3, 2007

I'm Huge in Cincinnati

Special K called me out of the blue at work on Friday because Cincinnati Bob had just called him with a funny story. Cincinnati Bob is, as you may have guessed, a good friend of Special K's ... who lives in .... well, Cincinnati.

Cinci Bob was picking up his car from the mechanic's shop and while in the waiting room with one of the mechanics whom he's known for years, they ended up flipping through an issue of Redbook. (I have no idea why they were flipping through Redbook and not say, Popular Mechanics... but ANYWAY.)

It turned out to be the issue that my Dove ad was in and Bob off-handedly said, "Oh, I know her."

"NO WAY. You do not!" was the obvious reply.

"Yeah, I do -- she's my buddy's girlfriend. Her name is Shari."

"DUDE!?!?!?"

"Seriously."

And just like that, I am known in the most elite of auto shop circles in Oh-H-ten.

No comments: