Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Old Mother Hubbard

Well, I'm not old (no sassy comments, please), nor am I a mother in any sense, NOR does Hubbard make an appearance anywhere in my name, but I will admit that my cupboards are painfully bare at the moment.

This is what happens when I’m on the road on a near constant basis and only drop in on my NYC apartment once every week and a half or two. I came home after work tonight a little bit hungry and this is what I was greeted with when I swung open the door of the fridge:

- Half a loaf of oat nut bread
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Goat cheese
- Cream cheese (sensing a theme here?)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 6 bottles of Vitamin water
- Salsa
- Soy sauce
- Strawberry jam
- Bag of baby carrots
- Batteries (supposedly they work longer if you store them in the fridge – I have NO idea if that’s actually true)
- 4 bottles of Stella Artois (part of the overall scheme to entice a certain CA gentleman to come and visit me in NYC)

I knew I should have stopped for sushi on the way home.

No comments: