Wednesday, October 15, 2008

K.O.'d!

There is a bakery/sandwich shop just down the street from the office where we end up going quite often to pick up lunch because it's so convenient. Apparently we've been going a little TOO often.

Today, the girls went at noon while I was stuck in a meeting and I didn't grab my lunch until after 2:00 pm. When I showed up at the sandwich shop, one of the cashiers (a guy we see there quite often) says hi and then asks "Where are all your friends today?"

I told him they came at lunch when I was in meetings and then he remembered "Oh, that's right, all three of them came earlier."

And then he added, "You know, we've started calling you guys the Knockout Group".

Wow. Thanks... I think? When I got back to the office, I relayed this message to the girls and suggested we have t-shirts made. Maria had a much better suggestion that we parlay this new found admiration into free food!

Who says there's no free lunch?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, wait until 'they' find out you are far more beautiful on the inside than the out! (and holy smokes is that going some!)

They don't know nothin' yet!

Shari said...

ha! you are too, too kind! :-)