Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Mad About, Well.... Men

And who wouldn't be??

I openly admit it -- I'm obsessed with the AMC darling "Mad Men", the series that chronicles the personal and professional trials and tribulations of a group of advertising men (and women) on Madison Avenue during the 1950's and 60's.
And don't think for a moment that my dedication to this TV show is because of any little (and I mean tiny), completely harmless (silly, really), itsy-bitsy crush on leading man Don Draper. I mean, come on -- I've been in advertising and publishing myself now for a number of years, so my interest in the show and in Mr. Draper is strictly professional. It's really much more like a history lesson. Truly.

So, when Sarah forwarded a link to "Mad Men Yourself", I was all over it like a dirty martini. Yes, it's true, you can now create your very own Mad Men avatar and even insert him/her into scenes reminiscent of the show. If you're a Mad fan, this is a brilliant diversion -- I've already spent WAY too much time defining the 1962 version of me.


Look out Don Draper -- there's a new mad woman in town!

No comments: