Tuesday, September 11, 2007

September 11

I'm finally back in NY. After a glorious New Mexico vacation (details shall be forthcoming), I had to make a bit of a detour and head to Northern California for business for a couple of days, so I hauled my suitcase full of vacation clothes westward and made the best of it.... sans laptop. (But Blackberry never far from my nimble thumbs.)

So, while it's ridiculously late for me to blog about anything in detail (ignore the time stamp -- it's actually 1:00 am), I did have to say that when I was in the towncar tonight, riding back into the city from JFK, I could see the pillars of light emanating from Ground Zero, in remembrance of the tragic events of September 11, 2001.

I did feel a little bit weird about flying today -- when I was booking my flights last week, it did make me shudder a bit when I asked the travel agent to help me find a return flight on Tuesday, September 11. I think my voice trailed off a bit as I said it. My plane ended up being only about half full, but everyone was in cheerful enough spirits and the worst thing that happened all day were flight delays due to the rainstorms on the east coast. Amen.

4 comments:

Cathy K said...

Welcome back! Glad you arrived safe and sound.

I was expecting a few more references on the news/paper about Sept 11 but didn't see a thing.

Thanks for remembering.@m@

Cathy K said...

Well, I have no idea where the @m@ came from at the end of the post... wasn't like I put in some mystery code for you to figure out...

Shari said...

That's bizarre. I have llama trek pics that I will send you shortly!

Cathy K said...

Perfect...looking forward to them.
IF I can, I'll see if I can find the picture of a llama guide in the US (a guy my sister knows) who put his llama in the prop plane they chartered... yup, llama up front looking out the window of the plane (way too funny).

Later babe