Monday, October 8, 2007

Jersey Girls


On Saturday afternoon, Jess and I met at Penn Station and "train-pooled" out to Maplewood, NJ to Kate's house for a fun Oktoberfest party. Kate and Evan had thought of everything from the wide variety of German beer to the polka music playing in the background.


I feel like such a bad Canadian when I go to parties like this because I don't particularly like beer. I end up drinking wine and I know that's not exactly on point for an Oktoberfest party.


Funniest part of the night? We were starting to get ready to leave to catch our train back into the city when one of the guys told Jess she couldn't leave until she'd had another glass of red wine. In his slightly inebriated state, he came back with a glass of rosé instead and didn't even notice as three of us polished off the glass and handed it back to him empty. He simply looked at the empty glass and then looked up at Jess in awe.

No comments: