Thursday, October 4, 2007

NYC's Got Its Hooks In Me

When I moved here last year, I just knew I was coming to NY for a great new job and I didn't really know how it would all play out. I have always really liked the city, but I didn't have a clue about what it would be like to actually live here. I have mostly really loved it (except for snow storms that make the entire eastern half of the US grind to a halt) and when I was back in California on my last trip (for about 10 days), something very unexpected happened.

I starting missing New York.

It may have had to do with the fact that all my stuff is here, my permanent office is here etc and while I'm on the road, I feel like a bit of a corporate gypsy. But I think more than that, it had to do with the energy of the city and the availability of SO much to see and do at any given point in time. Plus, I've met some pretty incredible people here and that becomes a big part of the equation.

(And it doesn't hurt that it was about 80 degrees today and it's OCTOBER, for crying out loud.)

But don't kid yourself, priority number one is to spend as many days as possible in the same zip code as Special K and you know that as winter approaches, those zip codes will increasingly begin with the number 9.

No comments: