Thursday, November 15, 2007

Dinner with Friends


I love it when friends come to New York to visit! Last weekend, Lisa and boyfriend, Rob, came to town and I, of course, was back in California. So I flew back on an early flight on Sunday so that I could at least meet them for dinner on Sunday night before they left.

Everything seemed to be going in my favour -- my flight actually landed early and I was out of the airport in record time. And then... my towncar drove straight into a giant traffic snarl and it took almost two hours to get into the city. I got a very lengthy tour of Queens and THEN my driver tried to charge me extra "waiting fees" because he claimed he had to wait for me at the airport. Buddy, my flight was EARLY. Try bamboozling someone else.

I not only love having friends in town, but you all know I also love completely random situations. And I was not to be disappointed last Sunday. It turned out that Chris, Lisa's brother (also from California) was in town for work for a few days, so he was able to join us as well. Lisa and Chris joked how ironic it was that they had to travel almost 3000 miles to see each other when they only live one county apart in SoCal.

We had a great dinner at Ustav (Indian food) on 46th and as luck would have it, half the restaurant was closed off for a Diwali party and so we also got to enjoy some great Indian music.

And I was doing some Bhangra moves in my seat.

No comments: