Monday, November 19, 2007

Is that Rupees or Dollars?

So, I have discovered a local Indian restaurant where I will quite often order dinner and have it delivered. I've sort of narrowed down my order to a few key things that I really like from this particular restaurant and the last few times I've ordered from them, I end up getting Chicken Dildar (a nice combo of Chicken Tikka Masala and saag), naan and a couple of vegetable samosas for good measure.

What's absolutely fascinating to me is that every single time I order the EXACT same combination of food, I always end up getting charged a different amount. And it's not like the amount is slowly and surely creeping up as they increase their prices. Nope, sometimes it will be about $18, then the next time, it will only be about $16, then back to $18 and then if I'm really lucky, back down to $15.

I'd hate to be that restaurant's bookkeeper.

No comments: