Saturday, January 31, 2009

Taking a Bite Out of The Big Apple

I'm back in NYC for about week and [mostly] enjoying every minute of it. The trip was borne out of business needs, and because I ended up with meetings both this week and next, I ended up staying in New York over this weekend instead of flying back and forth to CA twice. (Potentially over a dozen hours on airplanes and in airports avoided? Yes, please!)

A few highlights from the trip so far:

- Fun dinner at staple Vynl with Oda, Ally and Sally with an adorable waiter who understood my personal dining and drinking needs. (Although, I wish that when he said the drink I ordered tasted like a watermelon Jolly Rancher, that he would have ALSO mentioned that the Red Bull in the drink would keep me up all night.)

- FINALLY a trip to Otto's Pizzeria with the Kaboodle gang -- I never did eat at Otto's when I lived in New York, so it was fun to finally go after hearing all the raves. Food was good, cheese plate was amazing and the wine list was to die for.

- Drinks with Kate (and nearly Jess) and then a pretty darn good sushi dinner at Blue Ribbon.

- A trip to the Burger Joint late last night.

Wow, I'm just realizing how everything seems to revolve around food when I'm in the city... and oh, look -- it's almost time for lunch!

No comments: