Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bittersweet

Ah, today is my last day in my NYC office. (I'm technically not moving for another couple of weeks, but given my travel schedule, today was the day that I promised to pack up my office and move my stuff out so that the next person can move in.)

I have managed to cram everything I think I'll need in my new office in California into one box. One rather heavy box, but one box nonetheless.

I also just turned in my old laptop and Blackberry. (Have to admit that I'm kind of excited about being sans Blackberry for a while -- there is definitely such a thing as being TOO accessible.)

A quick list of what I will miss not being in the Broadway office any longer:

-- The chance to witness some of the crazy stunts that Letterman pulls off on 53rd Street (the Ed Sullivan theatre is right across the street; remember when he drops turkeys from the top of the building at T-giving etc? Those are the fun things you can stumble upon on a random afternoon.)

-- The chance to physically run smack into P Diddy yet again on the street

-- Popping in on Rupert at the Hello Deli

-- New England clam chowder from The Daily Soup (even on warm days)

-- Friday's pasta special from Cafe Metro (surprisingly yummy, especially with Tuscan meatballs)

-- Being mistaken as "someone" by aggressive paparazzi outside the Letterman stage entrance

-- Always being able to hail a cab at the corner of Broadway and 53rd within about five and a half seconds

-- And, of course, all of my great co-workers.... (who better come and visit me in CA!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

we'll miss you!!!

Shari said...

Ah, I will miss you guys, too! I still can't believe my NYC chapter is winding to a close. Glad you're coming to CA in Aug for a couple of days!