Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Big Birthday Thank You

I recently (as in, two days ago) celebrated a birthday and I have to admit that this one completely snuck up on me because my schedule has continued to be rather random and bi-coastal.

But I do want to extend a grateful thank you to family and friends who managed to track me down where ever I was via phone, email, Kaboodle, Facebook AND surprise me in a variety of ways:

- Big kiss to Special K who sang to me on Friday night (along with PJ), surprised me with an ice cream birthday cake (which PJ picked up), and sent me a beautiful bouquet of a dozen red roses.

- The whole Kaboodle gang who rallied for a huge company lunch at the local pasta joint. (Hit or miss on the food, but the company was great!)

- Special thanks to Cristina, Kristi and Brenda who treated me to tapas and caipirinas at Cascal where we always enjoy ourselves.

- Shout out to my grandparents who sang "Happy Birthday" to me in stereo on the phone and to my parents and the gang in Vancouver for all their warm wishes.

- And a HUGE hug to Brenda who has told me at least twice that I look like I'm 24. (I haven't the heart to tell her that she needs new glasses.)

No comments: