Sunday, August 17, 2008

Please Don't Go! (Or "New York's Last Act of Desperation")

New York, please don't stand in my way. We've talked about this. You know I have to leave. We're just not meant to be together long-term. I need to move on and put some space between us for a while. Your holding me back just makes the whole situation more difficult for both of us. You're so aloof and hard to get close to so much of the time, so I find it surprising that you're actually trying to hold on to me. (Frankly, it comes across as a little desperate, and it's not a side that I'd show very often if I were you.)

Haven't you ever heard the parable about the sun and the wind? Or the saying that if you love someone, you should set them free?

You know I love you, but preventing me from leaving on not just one, but TWO flights is just not cool.

No comments: