Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The NYC Farewell Tour

As my last week as an official NYC resident marches on, I'm trying to see as many friends as possible before the movers descend on my apartment on Friday, ready to whisk my worldly belongings westward. (At least, I hope they "whisk" my belongings... but it sounds more like a painful, labored trudge across the continent -- it could be up to three weeks before I am reunited with my many boxes of random things.)

Yesterday, I had a great lunch with Esther and then rallied a bunch of folks for drinks and appetizers after work for my "see ya' later" get-together. We all convened at Amalia, one of our local haunts, just down the street and around the corner from the office. I did take a bunch of photos and once I find the box where I stashed my camera/computer cables, I'll be able to upload them. (Don't hold your breath -- we are at least three weeks away from opening ANY boxes.)

It was great to see everyone and catch up a bit, but a special thanks to Kim, Cortney and Oda -- you guys know why. :-)

No comments: