Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My Kingdom for a Slice of 'Za!

One of the things that I have grown to appreciate about New York (and clearly have even begun to take for granted) is that there is literally a decent pizza place on practically every block of the city. So, when you have a little 'za craving, you are always literally within stumbling distance of a hot gooey slice of pepperoni and mushroom.

Today, however, I am NOT in New York. I am in Silicon Valley and I was hit with an acute case of pizza craving mid-afternoon. After work, I set out on my quest for dinner, thinking it would be pretty easy to find a casual little pizza place. (Clarification: a pizza place that was NOT Pizza Hut or Dominos.)

Wrong.

I cruised around Sunnyvale, scanning every corner and every strip mall.... and then... ah ha! I finally saw a sign for a pizza place, pulled in, parked the car and practically skipped to the front door, only to see a small sign on the door that said "Fresh Pizza! For Take 'n Bake!"

Ahhhhhhhhhh.....

What am I supposed to do, warm it under the heat lamp in my hotel's bathroom??

2 comments:

Nick said...

I KNOW! It's shocking how hard it is to find pizza outside of this city. Luckily there's a pizza place (and just about every kind of food and retailer) every 4 blocks.

Shari said...

Yep, and I refuse to eat at Pizza Hut or Dominos out of principle. (Plus, the pizza is just not that good.) Finally satisfied my pizza craving last night after I landed!