Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Have a Nice Day!

I have just a few minutes until my car arrives to take me to the airport (yes, again) and I just had to take the opportunity for this quick blog entry:

This morning, I arrived at my office building and pressed the button to call the elevator. Within about 10 seconds, another woman rushed up to the elevator bank, looking generally mad at the world, grumbling and loudly sighing. She kept pressing the button on the wall even though it was already lit. A few seconds later, the elevator arrived and she practically hockey-checked me aside to get in the elevator first.

She pressed the button for the 42nd floor and before I was even completely in the elevator, she was already pressing the "close doors" button. As I reached up and pressed the button for the 37th floor, she glared at me and heaved another loud sigh.

The elevator stopped at my floor and before the doors even opened, she was once again furiously and repeatedly pressing the "close doors" button. I laughed good-naturedly and joked "Let me get out first!"

To which she replied with a loud "SHUT UP!" and another nasty glare.

As I exited the elevator, I turned to her and with the brightest smile I could muster, said "I hope your day gets a lot better!"

And after the doors closed behind me, I cursed her under my breath.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Damn, dude. I'm sort of grumbly a fair amount of the time, but that's beyond insane! Geez!

Chet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chet said...

Love it! I miss NY. Make sure to stay out of my elevator, as well, since I'm on the 78th Floor.

Shari said...

Serves you right for even having an office on the 78th floor. :)