Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Yes, the Cable Company STILL Sucks

Just when I thought I couldn't have any wackier issues with my cable than I've already had, the cable company outdoes itself yet again. Out of the blue, last week while Special K was visiting, my cable service decided not to offer me any channels that didn't fall between 400 and 494 on the guide. Which means that basically ANY channel I wanted was not available. Sometimes, I could trick it into giving me another channel by keying in the number directly, but then as soon as I tried to navigate to another channel, I'd get a nasty "Video Signal Blocked" message scrolling ominously across my TV screen.

Before I called my buddies in customer service, I did all the things they normally suggest -- unplugging the unit from the wall, slamming it against the wall (just kidding) and waiting a few minutes to plug it back in. When I did get the cable company on the line, you will not be surprised to hear that they had NO IDEA what the problem was.

They are sending out a technician.

Sometime next year.

The end is near.

PS. (My cell phone company also sucks -- I have been on hold with their customer "service" division the entire time it took me to write this blog entry.)

No comments: