Thursday, June 12, 2008

Pure, Unadulterated Bliss

After weeks on end of airports, airplanes and hotels, I figured I deserved to pamper myself at least a little bit. So I pointed and clicked my way around BlissSpa.com and with the help of the booking agent on the phone, decided that this past Saturday, I would sign myself up for a treatment called the Oxygen Herbie. (Almost sounds a little bit inappropriate, doesn't it?)

Far from inappropriate or anything untoward, Herbie turned out to be a 105-minute facial (that's right, 105 minutes!) that started out with the esthetician rubbing down my body with scented oil and then wrapping me up like a burrito in shiny foil and hot towels where I remained for nearly the next two hours while she scrubbed, exfoliated, toned and moisturized my face.

And of course when she suggested an add-on moisturizing seaweed mask (with add-on charges of course), I simply smiled and nodded, knowing that the mask would just extend my own personal bliss for another 20 minutes or so.

Just over two hours after I arrived at Bliss Spa on 57th, I emerged with a fresh, glowing face... and lucky me, was then expelled into the 97 degree heat and my new "glow" was quickly replaced by plain, old sweat.

No comments: