Wednesday, June 4, 2008

omg, omg, OMG!!!

I met Sia for drinks/dinner tonight after work and while walking to the restaurant from the office, I was trailed for two blocks (two LONG blocks) by a fellow pedestrian who was engaged in a fairly animated cell phone conversation... and of course, I was treated to half of that conversation.

Here's where I tuned in:

"Oh my God, he's a really good friend of mine. And he is a GREAT kisser!"

(pause)

"Girl, he's gonna owe me MORE than one, that's for sure!"

(slightly longer pause)

"No, I still haven't heard back from that audition... I mean, like, I just don't know what I'm going to do. They should totally at least call me back. Well, like, whatever. If you, like, hear anything, will you let me know?"

(pause)

"Oh my God, oh my God, oh my GOD!!!!"

(pause)

"No WAY!"

(pause)

"Get OUT!!"

(pause)

"How ARE you, anyway???? I haven't talked to you for so long..... oh wait, oh my God, a really hot guy just walked by me! Honestly, I think I should follow him."

And then he turned the corner as I went straight across the street and so I'll never know if he decided to follow the hot guy or not.

No comments: