Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Good for the Soul, Hard on the Soles

No doubt about it, New York is hard on shoes.

I walk back and forth to work most days and I also put on a bunch of miles on the weekends, cruising around the city by foot.

The results (so far):

-- three pairs of worn out soles (including the cute little ballet flats I just bought at the beginning of summer)

-- two broken heels (and counting, I'm sure)

-- a few blisters on various toes

-- scuffed toes and heels from broken concrete and pavement on the sidewalks and streets

-- salt stains from slogging through snow drifts in the winter

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but it hardly seems worth it to invest in shoes in this city because they get trashed so easily.

(Don't worry -- I'm sure I will have recovered to my full shoe-shopping self by the time the weekend rolls around.)

No comments: