Thursday, July 5, 2007

I Made It!

I am now safe and sound in Southern California. In fact, my flight was even 10 minutes EARLY. Sweet. My major obstacle in getting to the airport this time were all the extra vehicle inspection points out at JFK itself. With the recent activity in the UK (and especially the Glasgow incident), the authorities are inspecting all vehicles on their way into the airport and that adds extra time to the commute.

The worst thing that happened on the flight was that one of the members of the particularly loud and obnoxious family sitting directly behind me decided that it was ok for him to take off his shoes and proceed to rest his dirty, grubby sock-glad dogs ON MY ARM REST. I was blissfully unaware until I happened to actually try to use the armrest for, god forbid, MY ARM, and I bumped something with my elbow. (I was sitting on the aisle.) When I turned to see what I bumped, I think I made an audible "UGH" when I saw the offending sock (complete with dirty toe marks) uncomfortably part of my own personal space. That was the LAST time said fellow passenger infringed on my approximately 12 cubic feet of space in that 737.

Happy (belated) Fourth to all my Americans! Had a wonderful holiday with Special K, including being lucky enough to see one of the few fireworks displays actually allowed in the area this year. (There were a lot of restrictions this year because it's as dry as a tinderbox here.)

No comments: