Sunday, July 29, 2007

A Little to the Left, Please

Before last week, here's something I'd never done at work before: get a massage.

Well, on Friday, I was able to check that off the list. Our building has a gorgeous, state-of-the-art fitness center (with views of Central Park, thank you very much) and they also offer massage services.

I woke up last Sunday morning with something pinched in my upper back and as the week wore on, it was not working itself out. Oda reminded me that the gym offers massage services and so I successfully managed to get an appointment at lunchtime on Friday.

Can I just say that we should all get massages EVERY day at work??

Betsy, my massage therapist, listened intently as I described the pain in my back and then immediately said, "You work on a computer all day, you're right-handed, you cradle the phone between your ear and your shoulder when you talk and you carry your [too heavy] handbag on your right side." Wow, impressive.

Betsy set to work on my back, neck and shoulders and by the end of my 50-minute session, I felt amazing. I have a feeling Betsy may be seeing a lot more of me.

No comments: