Monday, June 18, 2007

Just call me Blondie


For some odd reason, my best friend in high school used to call me "Blondie". I'd like to think that for 16 year olds, we had some sort of highly developed sense of irony, but honestly, I'm sure it probably started for some stupid reason. (She was actually blonde, so that made it that much funnier ... well, to us, anyway, but no one else really seemed to get it.) But now, I wonder if she had some acute and prescient view of the the future after all... and you will wonder, too when you take a gander at this photo.

Behold Blondie (no longer an imposter) and the uber-fabulous Joseph, one of the stylists from the LA shoot.

While many of the folks on set said things like "Wow, that's amazing!" or "That honey color is GREAT against your skin!" or "You look great in every hairstyle and every hair color!", it was Lysette, the tiny elfin wardrobe stylist, who cut straight to the chase as she was tucking and smoothing my smock, and remarked most accurately, "You look like a hooker."

2 comments:

cmiller said...

Love the honesty! At least someone in LA can tell it like it is. Not that you look like a hooker, but can't say I really see you as a blonde :-)

Cathy K said...

Hmm, I don't know if it's "Blondie," but definitely Goldilocks... too cute.
(and no you don't look like a hooker, but it's nice to see someone with a sense of humor hanging about)