Saturday, June 9, 2007

LA Bound!

Whew, it's been a busy week! Monday was dinner with Nick, Reny and wee Ryan at Druids on 10th. Tuesday was drinks and dinner with Dave (in from LA) down in Little Italy. (Food was excellent; can't remember the name of the restaurant though. I think that's the thing about Little Italy -- the restaurants benefit from the foot traffic and do a good job of enticing people in off the sidewalks, but they all seem the same, so they have the disadvantage of not being able to build their own individual brands.) Wednesday was dinner at Vynl with Weyland (also in from LA), and Thursday night was sushi with Nick (yes, a different Nick), Ally and Stacy at Oda's cousin's in-law's place. Got all that?

Today was a day of wrapping up a few loose ends at work, running a few errands, buying a new pair of shoes (see how I slipped that in there so subtly??), and packing. Yes, packing.

Tomorrow morning, I am headed for LA. It's an unexpected trip for quite an unexpected reason. Remember the photo shoot from the end of May? Well, it turns out that the client and their agency now want me to shoot a couple of other things for them! So, I'm on a plane for Left Coast bright and early tomorrow morning. My schedule next week?

Monday -- consultation with stylist and wardrobe (WHAT world am I in??)

Tuesday -- all-day photo/video shoot

Wednesday -- all-day photo/video shoot

Wednesday night -- red eye back to NYC (and miss "Legally Blonde, The Musical" with my whole team - damn!)

Thursday -- back to work

Thursday at 7:00 pm -- will either have a cocktail in my hand at a team happy hour OR i will be flopped face first on my desk fast asleep.

Will try to blog from LA -- if I can't, I'm sure I'll have lots to report upon my return!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

have lots and lots of fun at your photo/video shoot. i can't wait to hear about it when you get back.

Cathy K said...

How cool is that!
You'll have a blast. Post some of the pictures if you can.

cmiller said...

Hope you're having a great time! Looking forward to hearing all about it :-)

Cathy K said...

Hey, it's Friday, where are the pictures -- really?!?

Can't wait to see 'em