Monday, August 20, 2007

My Teeth Hurt

When's the last time you had cotton candy? That's right, spun sugar on a stick, usually in either a bright pink or blue hue? If you're like me, you haven't had it since you were about 10 years old, and probably not even so much because you tired of the sugar, but simply because you couldn't stand how sticky it made your fingers. (Oh wait, that's probably just me... goes right in line with the fact that I eat pizza with a knife and fork and will under no circumtances order ribs because I can't STAND how sticky my fingers get -- even with a cute little bowl of lemon juice handy at my place setting. This probably gives you all way more insight into my "food rules" than is strictly necessary.)

Ashley, Mahala and I were out for a girls' dinner on Friday night at Landmarc in the Time Warner Center and when it came time to order dessert, OF COURSE we were each going to order an ice cream cone (!), but Ashley delighted us all when she noted that you could also get cotton candy. (It wasn't on the menu -- you simply have to know to ask for it.)

As soon as our waiter told us that the cotton candy flavour of the night was Pina Colada, we ordered a big fluffy stick of the stuff faster than you could say "cavities on a stick" and we were just like our 10-year old former selves again as we marveled at the way it simply dissolves against your tongue.

And then we all went home and brushed our teeth for about an hour.

No comments: