Monday, August 20, 2007

Thou Shalt Not Covet Thy Neighbour's Electronic Gadgets

That's not a commandment, is it? Not the last time I checked. The ten commandments talk about wives (no husbands??) and houses, but there's not a speck of language about thy neighbour's electronic gadgets. And thank goodness. I admit it -- I am coveting my neighbour's iPhone. Yes, it's true. Mahala had one at dinner last Friday night and with just a few minutes of hands-on experience, I have decided I need to begin an extra-curricular relationship outside the scope of my current long-term commitment to my Motorola Razr.

I mean, come on, just for the YouTube videos alone! At dinner on Friday, we watched "Filipino Prison Thriller", "Indian Thriller" and "Random Wedding Party Thriller". Can you beat that for dinner entertainment? (Only the break-your-heart, hand-holding otters can come close.)

Covet away. There aren't three day long lines to buy iPhones anymore.

No comments: