Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Bunny-licious


I had lunch with the Publisher of Playboy magazine today. Yes, I thought THAT would get your attention.


Lou and I are former colleagues and have been trying to get together since I moved here. We finally meshed our schedules today and met up for Greek food just down the street from my office. It was great to see him and of course, like any good magazine Publisher, he showed up bearing gifts.


Most of my mag buddies show up with copies of their wares and this was no different, except that this mag showed up at lunch in an inconspicuous big brown envelope. Huh. Wonder what's in there? I am now in possession of a collector's edition issue with an Anna Nicole retrospective. Fabulous. I hear the articles are GREAT.


I have a feeling that the mailroom dude is about to be VERY happy when he finds a random copy of Playboy in the outgoing mail bin tomorrow morning. Hey, I do what I can to spread a little happiness around.


But this was not where it ended... oh no, there was something else in the envelope. I now own a copy of "The Bunny Book". That's right -- a guide of "How to Walk, Talk, Tease and Please like a Playboy Bunny". Sigh. I was JUST getting the hang of being a New Yorker. All of these alter egos are going to make me schizophrenic.

2 comments:

Nick said...

Hmmm...how to respond to this one.

Let's just say, I think someone's new nickname is
Lucky K.

Shari said...

Ha! He is going to DIE laughing when he reads this!