Thursday, April 19, 2007

Cosmo Party


Wednesday night, Ally, Nick, Kristy, Dina and I escaped the office and headed off to a Cosmopolitan "mixer" at Marquee over on the west side. As we were organizing ourselves downstairs to hail cabs, somehow Nick slipped into a parallel universe and disappeared between two DHL trucks, only to reappear in a yellow cab a half a block away. Our very own David Blaine.

We finally arrived at Marquee, and after recoiling at the $3 PER ITEM coat check charge, we joined the rest of our group for a drink. We were a little bit late and much of the food was already picked over, but eventually, we did station ourselves next to a cheese tray that was still in pretty good shape.

A random guy sidled up, looking for cheddar (just cheddar???) and when I pointed out the distinct orange cubes, I said "I'm a chesse connoisseur -- sort of like a wine sommelier -- so just let me know if you have any questions."

He looked at me skeptically for a second and said, "I don't really think you know that much about cheese."

I said "I only really need to know more than you, don't I?", popped a cube of Havarti (with dill) into my mouth, smiled and moved off to join the rest of my group.

No comments: