Friday, April 6, 2007

Flashback – NY Auto Show Press Days

This past week was press days for the NY Auto Show and given my previous automotive media background, I still have lots of contacts in the auto biz, many of whom were in town this week.

My first random encounter was a breakfast on Wednesday morning with an automotive client’s agency from the West Coast and lo and behold if the main agency guy wasn’t someone that I not-so-subtly told to “bugger off” at a party last fall in LA. Oops. He claimed not to remember meeting me (“Oh, I go to SO many parties, you know”) and I hope that was, in fact, the case. I have a six-figure advertising deal riding on his failed memory.

Wednesday night, James B and I grabbed dinner at Eatery in Hell’s Kitchen, one of my favourite places – I have never had a meal there that I didn’t love. The pomegranate martinis were incredible and the tuna tartar is to die for. It was a blast catching up with James, even though we were disappointed that Jocelyn was unable to join us at the last minute. We missed you, JJ!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aw heck...just saw your martini post. It was a great night, but jj's laugh would have made it 'special'!