Monday, April 30, 2007

Welcome to Dallas, Y'All!

I know I've been MIA for a few days -- last week was upside down and then I jetted off to Dallas for the weekend for a much needed reunion with Special K. Highlights of the weekend in Big D:

-- Playing airline roulette and finally WINNING when my flight was delayed (due to weather -- what else??) BUT I managed to get on an earlier flight that was also delayed, but ended up leaving when my original flight was supposed to leave. Yeah! Some good travel karma. Finally!

-- Moment of total surprise when the otherwise unassuming woman sitting next to me spontaneously burst into song, grooving along with her iPod. Made even more interesting by the fact that she sang in Chinese. AND the fact that the guy on the other side of her pretended NOTHING unusual was going on.

-- Relinquishing my virgin Chick-Fil-A status and wolfing down the most amazing chicken fingers and waffle chip french fry things I've had in ages. (Could have also been the fact that it was 10:30 at night and all I'd had to eat all day was a bowl of Cheerios and a cup of frozen yogurt.)

-- Getting the "Real Special K Tour", seeing all sorts of photos, yearbooks, trophies, accolades and even report cards from somebody's colourful and special past. :-)

2 comments:

Cathy K said...

Okay, you have to email me with the scoop on "special k" (I feel like the only one who doesn't know).... I have a CIO in Vancouver I work for that got dubbed "Special K" but I guarantee you for entirely different reasons!!!

Shari said...

yeah.... no, not "special" in the same vein as a shady canadian CIO. DEFINITELY NOT.